Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A RAINBOW OF COLOR



Jewel tones of GLADIOLA and STATE FAIR ZINNIAS are blooming in the gardens.  This bright floral arrangement is in a glass oblong shallow vase, with an oasis brick with a strip of moss outlining it.  I like to use this vase for tall, vertical blooms, like glads, oriental lilies, liatris, and iris.  The oasis brick keeps the blooms nice and straight, and gives it a polished, stately look that's quite striking.  This impressive arrangement will also be long-lived in the vase, which, of course, is filled to the brim with a floral preservative.   I can't change the water in my arrangements since they are at a local dentist's office, but if it was at my home, I would change the water every few days.





Susanne Holland Spicker Mother, Grandmother, Homemaker, Gardener, Teacher, Photographer

Passion is defined as the love of, or the object(s) of affection and emotion. I am passionate about family, friends, flowers, food, photography and fabulous music! This blog is dedicated to those loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment