Monday, November 1, 2010

END OF THE SEASON FOR BLOOMS


Well, the time has arrived--the end of the season for new blooms, except some roses and a few florist's mums.  This collage shows the last of the mums, dahlia, and the hydrangea blooms I've picked. The garden mums still line the rock garden, but are slowly waning, and all the monkshood is being used in an arrangement for the dentist's office today.  One thing that I really enjoy is how the Hydrangea change to beautiful  fall colors, and they are stunning right now!  I will be using them in a dry flower arrangement in a couple of weeks, or I could have left them on the plant.  I think these blooms are such beautiful colors--and a glorious note to end the season on!

Susanne Holland Spicker Mother, Grandmother, Homemaker, Gardener, Teacher, Photographer

Passion is defined as the love of, or the object(s) of affection and emotion. I am passionate about family, friends, flowers, food, photography and fabulous music! This blog is dedicated to those loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment