Monday, February 14, 2011

VALENTINE'S DAY = LOVE OF FAMILY AND FRIENDS


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!  I love the 14th of February!  The day gives me the chance to focus on the people in my life who are special to me and whom I love.  Family and friends play such an important part of my life, and I want to let them know this day just how much they mean to me and how much I love and appreciate them.   I've heard it said that a happy family is just an earlier heaven, and I think that's true.  When I look at the happiest times in my life, family and friends have always been at the center fore-front of those memories.   Since I love gardening, and can usually always compare anything to a flower bed, this quote by Buddha has special meaning to me, and I can relate. 
 "A family is a place where minds come in contact with one another.  If these minds love one another, the home will be as beautiful as a flower garden..." 
Thanks, family, for the wonderful "flower garden" that we have!  May it continue to grow more beautiful as the years go by.  
Another thought that I've enjoyed over the years goes like this: "Friends may come and go, but TRUE friendship is Eternal!"  Thank you, good friends, for your friendship--please know I appreciate you and cherish our friendship.  Have a GREAT Valentine's Day!

Enjoy this Valentine's Day "Pink Bouquet" --it reminds me of our family's LOVE!

Susanne Holland Spicker Mother, Grandmother, Homemaker, Gardener, Teacher, Photographer

Passion is defined as the love of, or the object(s) of affection and emotion. I am passionate about family, friends, flowers, food, photography and fabulous music! This blog is dedicated to those loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment