Tuesday, March 8, 2011

SOFT DROP COOKIES - GREAT!


I got this recipe for SOFT DROP COOKIES, from a friend several years ago.  They are the quickest cookie I make, and they remind me of snickerdoodles, except I like them better.  If I need a good sugar-type cookie in a hurry, this is the recipe I reach for--It's a drop cookie, though, not a rolled one.  It's a great stand-by cookie recipe that I sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar before baking--no need to frost or decorate.  I think they're great!

SOFT DROP COOKIES (Linda)
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
Cream sugar, shortening; add egg and blend well. Add vanilla.  Add dry ingredients alternately with milk.  Drop by tablespoonfuls (I form into balls and flatten a little with the palm of my hand), and then sprinkle with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.  Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until done.  Cool on racks. 
Susanne Holland Spicker Mother, Grandmother, Homemaker, Gardener, Teacher, Photographer

Passion is defined as the love of, or the object(s) of affection and emotion. I am passionate about family, friends, flowers, food, photography and fabulous music! This blog is dedicated to those loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment