Wednesday, April 6, 2011

APRICOT BLOSSOMS - A SIGN SPRING IS HERE?


Just like the children's song that says "I looked out the window and what did I see?  Popcorn popping on the apricot tree,"  our apricot tree is 'popping' with buds.  However, with more rain, snow, and cold temperatures predicted, it may be very possible for our apricot harvest to be frozen this year. The dainty, beautiful apricot blossoms are the first to 'pop' of the fruit trees. It's not uncommon where we live for them to freeze, resulting in either completely losing our apricot harvest, or at least, to greatly reduce our apricot numbers.  I think we've had 3 or 4 good years of apricots since we planted the tree several years ago.  But, I always enjoy the blossoms; I love to look out and see the trees covered with 'popcorn!"
Susanne Holland Spicker Mother, Grandmother, Homemaker, Gardener, Teacher, Photographer

Passion is defined as the love of, or the object(s) of affection and emotion. I am passionate about family, friends, flowers, food, photography and fabulous music! This blog is dedicated to those loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment