Monday, June 13, 2011

MUMFORD IRIS - A JOURNEY INTO HEAVEN!


Prancing Pony

Private Label

Salzburg Echo

Aristocracy

Heather Cloud

Magic Man

Stairway to Heaven

Rare Quality

Heather Ridge

Rancho Rose

Sweet Musette

Loudown Lassie

Kitty Kay

Supreme Sultan

Brindisi

Dawn Glory

Gigalo

My Ginny

Feature Attraction
I traveled to Neal and Dawn Mumford's yesterday to view their iris.  My visit was a trip into Heaven!  They have about 350 iris--with about 250 or more blooming at the time of my visit!  The iris are planted in big clumps of two  in every color and hue. They sit nestled on a quiet, fairly secluded area, and Dawn has meticulously charted and identified the different varieties, with color-coded maps. We walked up and down the rows for a couple hours or more and still didn't finish all the rows, but I got some great shots--902 to be exact! Some were new to me, others very familiar, but all gorgeous! I appreciate the time they took to walk around with me; the blooms were truly stunning--they simply took my breath away--with tall, big blooms!  I can see why tall bearded iris are considered "flower of the Gods." A big "Thank You" to the Mumford's for an enjoyable evening! Identified here are just a few of my  favorite shots:
Susanne Holland Spicker Mother, Grandmother, Homemaker, Gardener, Teacher, Photographer

Passion is defined as the love of, or the object(s) of affection and emotion. I am passionate about family, friends, flowers, food, photography and fabulous music! This blog is dedicated to those loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment