Sunday, July 24, 2011

BABY'S BREATH, MONARDA, DAISIES AND LILIES!


One of my favorite places in the yard is hidden in the very back corner of the yard, behind the utility shed.  It's mostly in the shade, with some sun, and I use the blooms there for my cutting garden. I have tulips, primrose, bergenia, peonies, lupine and bleeding heart in the spring.  In the summer, the huge ball of baby's breath blooms, with brightly colored bubblegum pink monarda,  my grandma's white mum/daisy, and some beautiful bright pink and white and rose tree lilies, make the area look so pretty in bloom.  I use the baby's breath all summer long for arrangements--the delicate airy look is especially nice with lilies and roses.  I love this little "secret garden."
Susanne Holland Spicker Mother, Grandmother, Homemaker, Gardener, Teacher, Photographer

Passion is defined as the love of, or the object(s) of affection and emotion. I am passionate about family, friends, flowers, food, photography and fabulous music! This blog is dedicated to those loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment