Monday, October 17, 2011

FINAL PLANTING OF THE YEAR





My LILY BULBS came over the week end, and so I will doing my final plantings of the year.  To plant lily bulbs, dig a deep hole 8-10" deep in a well-drained area that gets full sun, or, in my case, I have found that my Orientals do best in filtered sunlight.  Their colors will be deeper, and last longer if they receive some shade, or filtered sunlight during the day.  I always add a handful of bone meal, mixed in well with the soil, to each hole.  Fill with enough enriched soil to be able to plant the bulb at a depth of 6-8 inches.  Water in well.  Mulch and mark the place you have planted the lily.  You will be well-rewarded next June, July or August with beautiful, aromatic blooms!


Susanne Holland Spicker Mother, Grandmother, Homemaker, Gardener, Teacher, Photographer

Passion is defined as the love of, or the object(s) of affection and emotion. I am passionate about family, friends, flowers, food, photography and fabulous music! This blog is dedicated to those loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment