Monday, July 23, 2012

ZINNIAS, DAISIES AND LILIES IN SUMMER BLOOMS


A few things I love about the STATE FAIR ZINNIAS is their bright colors, tall, erect stature, and their "the more you cut, the more you have" growth habits. I love the true, deep red for the holidays in July, and putting them with the white Daisy-Mum I got from my Grandma Holland a hundred years ago (well, maybe not quite that long). The finishing touch is the dark blue bush delphinium.  How patriotic!  The STARGAZER hybrid Oriental lilies are also in bloom.  Their sweet fragrance fills the air if one of these arrangements is in the room.



























Susanne Holland Spicker Mother, Grandmother, Homemaker, Gardener, Teacher, Photographer

Passion is defined as the love of, or the object(s) of affection and emotion. I am passionate about family, friends, flowers, food, photography and fabulous music! This blog is dedicated to those loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment