Sunday, November 7, 2010

PANSIES--THE BEST TIME TO PLANT--JUST A REMINDER.....


The time has come for pansies to be in the ground.  Nurseries still have a good assortment of these spring-summer bloomers.  They over-winter well, and if you haven't planted them yet, get them in the ground as soon as you can.  Dahlias in my area need to be dug, dried out, and put away for the winter.  And I always cut down my peonies, hosta, bleeding heart, ferns, mums, baby's breath, lilies, and hibiscus.  I also cut my roses down a bit, just so the canes don't break down in the heavy snow.  All bulbs should be planted by now, but they can really be planted up until the ground freezes. 
Susanne Holland Spicker Mother, Grandmother, Homemaker, Gardener, Teacher, Photographer

Passion is defined as the love of, or the object(s) of affection and emotion. I am passionate about family, friends, flowers, food, photography and fabulous music! This blog is dedicated to those loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment