Thursday, January 19, 2017

ZINNIAS, MUMS AND DAHLIAS -- OUTSTANDING COLOR IN FALL ARRANGEMENTS




"Queen Red Lime" zinnia is a new variety for me. Planted from seed this spring, the 4" blooms are showy and beautiful.



I was smitten when I saw this picture in a seed catalog and knew I had to order! As you can see, there is a variety of color in the blooms--from primarily lime green to the raspberry red color. I found mine didn't have this variety, but I only had a small sampling of plants.




I used a combination of State Fair zinnias in a rose-red color and yellow "Kelvin Floodlight" and a rosy purple garden mum for the arrangement.



The arrangement is pictured after a week, and so you can see it held up well. I am still on the fence as to what to put "Queen Red Lime" with--it is rather 'muddy' and I wasn't quite happy with the results of this arrangement. I've ordered more seeds for this year and will continue experimenting with color combinations that are more pleasing.



Susanne Holland Spicker Mother, Grandmother, Homemaker, Gardener, Teacher, Photographer

Passion is defined as the love of, or the object(s) of affection and emotion. I am passionate about family, friends, flowers, food, photography and fabulous music! This blog is dedicated to those loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment