Sunday, October 9, 2011

FALL CLEAN UP BEGINS




Yesterday I began the final clean up for fall; it will take a while to get everything done, but I cut down the 2 huge bleeding heart plants that are on north foundation. I also cut down the lily stems that had yellowed. I dug up a double bubblegum pink hollyhock, a tall Verbascum, and a Butterfly Blue Delphinium, and found better spots for all three to be in for next year. The ground was saturated because of all the rain we've had in the past two or three days, so I stopped after that.  Monday will be a little drier and so it will be easier to do some pulling and replanting.  In the next few days I'll be pulling out the plants that I'm going to share with my daughter.  She has lots of room--I have literally none!  I love working in the yard when fall arrives.  The cooler weather makes it a pleasure, and I always get a lot accomplished because the weather is so comfortable. Fall is a wonderful season!


Susanne Holland Spicker Mother, Grandmother, Homemaker, Gardener, Teacher, Photographer

Passion is defined as the love of, or the object(s) of affection and emotion. I am passionate about family, friends, flowers, food, photography and fabulous music! This blog is dedicated to those loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment