Wednesday, October 19, 2011

FALL CLEAN UP IS WRAPPING UP





Yesterday I spent the day cleaning up the beds, getting them ready for the cold weather ahead.  Chores for the clean up included pulling up two soaker hoses with garden staples,hand-cultivating the garden, remarking labels, taking out all petunias, cutting back the sweet potato vine, removing yellowed or dead foliage of daylilies, Oriental and Asiatic lilies, and iris.  Like I mentioned, I finished planting all the lily and tree lily bulbs the other day, so all the planting is done.  I will cut back the peonies and hosta next month.  I still need to move a Japanese iris and a day lily.  Time is growing short for this, so I will do it as soon as possible.  The beds will be ready for bed soon, then another year in the gardens will come to a close.  I'm always a bit sad when this happens, but the anticipation of spring always perks me up.   


Susanne Holland Spicker Mother, Grandmother, Homemaker, Gardener, Teacher, Photographer

Passion is defined as the love of, or the object(s) of affection and emotion. I am passionate about family, friends, flowers, food, photography and fabulous music! This blog is dedicated to those loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment